Here at Knosk, we provide domain registration and transfer services.
With our Domain Name Search and our domain platform is designed to have the full control of everything in one place. This makes managing multiple domains and websites much easier, then having it spread around various platforms.
We don't spend time spamming you with up-sells and promotional emails, we simply provide domain management.
Transfer A Domain Name
Do you have a domain name already registered in another provider? That's no problem, you can easily transfer your domain name with a few easy, simple steps.
Preparing Your Domain(s) for Transfer
- Do you have access to the current registrar email contact? If you do, great. A verification link will be sent to that email address. Before beginning the transfer, having access to the email address is very important. If you have forgotten which email you used, you can query the Whois database to see the registrant contact email address.
- Login to your current registrar, here is where you have to unlock your domain. - All domain registrars place a lock on a domain to keep the domain more secure. To disable the lock you must login to the control panel of your current registrar, ask the support team of your current registrar for help. This needs to be done before the transfer can begin.
- Privacy Protection, if this is enabled in your current registrar, this must as be disabled. - This feature means that your current registrar will get the transfer email and not you! Make sure you disable it.
- Obtain your EPP / Authorization code for your domain – Most domains, especially top level domains such as .com, .net, and .org require an EPP / auth code before they can be transferred. Most domain registrars have these available right inside of their interface, most of the time in the same place as the registrar lock. Regardless your relationship with the company, they’re required to provide this to you. Ask their support team if you have trouble finding.
Initiate The Domain Transfer
- Navigate to the Domain Transfer form.
- Enter the Domain Name and the EPP/Authorization code.
- Add the extra addons as you wish, we recommend to add the ID Protection if you have the option.
- Enter the name servers you wish to use (if using our web hosting, find it in the control panel).
- Finish your order.
A verification email will be sent after the order has been successfully placed. You might have to check your Spam folder, this email is important. You might want to whitelist everything you get from @knosk.com so you know your getting all your important emails from us.
The domain transfer will only begin after the verification link inside the email has been clicked.
Congratulations! If the all the steps have been followed then your domain will be transferred within 2 - 3 business days. This all depends on when your current domain registrar releases it. If there are any questions feel free to ask our Support Team!